- BILL CUNNINGHAM NEW YORK quite possibly the sweetest man with the most natural eye for style.
- BORN RICH extremely interesting to see how the other side lives.
- INTO THE ABYSS a little jaw dropping, a lot saddening and parts will make you feel uneasy – but I finished the movie seeing things differently.
- KEN BURNS actually any doc series by Ken Burns is amazing, I don’t even like baseball and I dug this doc. This is one is in Chris’ top 5.
- WHO IS HARRY NILSSON? if you just answered with I don’t know, then you must watch it.
- THE WHALE another look at how amazing whales are, from a totally different point of view them usual.
- DOGTOWN AND Z-BOYS the boys who started skateboarding, the original skateboard stars.
- A PLACE AT THE TABLE if you liked wating for superman, this is like the food version of that. Incredibly eye opening.
- GIRL 27 an old Hollywood scandal that was covered up – warning it’s sad.
- BLACKFISH really a must see, I will never look at these beautiful mammals the same way again.
- DETROPIA I am a bit obsessed with learning about Detroit, and this doc visualized so much I was curious about.
- LOUIS THEROUX I couldn’t pick just one, every doc I’ve seen from him has been riveting, a bit disturbing and truly made me see things in a new light.
- SEARCHING FOR SUGAR MAN I cannot believe I forgot to add this one to both lists (so I’m squeezing it in at the bottom, but it’s not in the bottom), it is mind blowing and a fantastic real life super happy ending story.
If you missed my first list of favorites, check them here. Also a big notable mention to ESPN’s 30 for 30 series, Chris loves every single one of those documentaries. Usually I’ll say I don’t want to watch them, then am later asking him to pause so I can pee (classic). I have a longish list of docs I want to check out, but would love to hear if you have any favorites I should watch!
*Many of these are currently on Netflix, others possibly iTunes – a lot of them we have seen years ago (so I’m not 100% certain where they are available now).