this photo, pretty much unrelated to the topic but I saw this sign in a window and it killed me that no one else on the street noticed — I thought it was good. [West Queen West in Toronto]
You guys!! More specifically the ones who have taken the time to do my little survey, you guys (actually 100% gals) have made my whole week. But for the record, the rest of you are also really great, I just don’t have the same first hand knowledge to base that on. Your answers are amazing so far, unbelievably kind and uber insightful. It’s been hard for me reading what you have to say and not being able to respond in a conversation — but hey anonymous is anonymous.
A few of you left suggestions that literally felt like you plucked the ideas right out of my head, either things I was stewing on or already have in motion (same page!). My head is swimming with thoughts and inspiration, thank you so SO much for reading this blog and for chiming in — I appreciate both so very much.
And hey, if you haven’t gotten a chance to take our survey, but you really really want too (I don’t blame you) — just click the big button below and have an awesome 5 minutes. Please, keep those awesome answers coming!
Most of your answers/questions I’m going to put to very good use, a few of them I will put in my loong over due FAQ page, but there were a few I wanted to quickly address:
- I know I don’t often share as much family or kids posts as I once did, but the kids are getting older (five and six to be exact) and their little lives are just that, their little lives. Sharing parts of them just feels different these days, and much less my story to share as it is their own. I try to share, in an often non-oversharing way when it feels right, but if you want to catch glimpses of everyday life more often — you could follow me on Instagram, since I post a lot of daily little life glimpses there.
- You guys really love Canada, even many non-Canadians – but really who can blame you! ;)
- That searching for balance, finding time to take care of yourself, finding out what to do outside of mom life, and what to do after the kids go off too school is a super theme around here — and one (or many) I hope to address in a really meaningful way.
- kids style, I still love it. But I find it harder to post about, for the same reason as my first point above — plus the kids just don’t always want me to take their photo (I fully understand that feeling). I will brainstorm a bit on how to bring this topic back a little bit, that will make it fun and real. My favorite way to share kids style, hands down has to be sharing the little items I co-design — and I may or may not have another little capsule collection coming in a couple of months, did someone say more cowl hoodies? (eeek!!).
- I’m just so humbled by your feedback and basically I should ask what you guys think more often because not only is it a great reminder of who I’m talking to but that I’m talking about things you want to hear.
It’s Friday, thank you for making my week extra special and for sharing your thoughts and feedback with me. Have a great weekend, what are you up too?