I know most (if not all) mom’s with boys use these styling tricks when your little guys shirts start getting a bit small..but just in case! We like to extend the life of clothes as much as we can, also I only buy items I love (I cannot stress that enough, only buy things you LOVE) so I have an extra hard time parting with them (lets face it it only makes us moms sad when our kids grow out of clothes).
The little boys shirt as a shirt dress, makes the best little dress. Add a belt to make it a bit more feminine (Harlow specially asked for a “pretty” on her waist, my girl knows!) and like I did a little slip/under dress (this also helps to add a bit of length if the shirt isn’t ‘dress length’).
*If your little girl doesn’t have an older brother to hand-her-down shirts, have a look in the little boys section for a cute top to style into a dress! This would be a great way for an older sister to have items to pass on to a little brother too!
A Boys Shirt as a Little Shirt Dress works better when the shirt is a bit slimmer fitting, The Best Stores for Slimmer Fitting Boys Shirts are:
- Gap Kids : Love this short sleeve gingham.
- 77Kids : This checked plaid shirt even has a bit of pink in it.
- Zara : This colorful plaid shirt I used in this post would be great with all the wonderful colors.
- Crewcuts : Love the color of this flannel shirt.
- Little Vida : This Stella McCartney and Scotch Shrunk shirt would be adorable!